One of the cornerstones of Feeding Friends Children’s Feeding Clinic and Therapy Services, Inc. is our community-based children’s feeding clinic. We bring together children of varying stages of feeding development within a classroom setting to be exposed to foods during circle time, art, and mealtime activities. Our children benefit from a positive peer influence and interaction, as well as therapeutic intervention. The skills gained from the group are to be stepping stones for building positive mealtimes within the home environment.
This service will benefit children who:
- Omit major food groups
- Demonstrate feeding aversion to touch or taste of foods
- Demonstrate difficulty eating across various settings such as social gatherings or restaurants
- Demonstrate difficulty independently feeding themselves
- Demonstrate difficulty eating at the family table
- Demonstrate oral motor weakness